Dream big or go home!

I love to read, but at the end of the day i love writing more! Sharing my writing adventures one at a time!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oh, elusive beginnings

Okay, so I got super stoked about FINALLY getting the beginning of my YA paranormal/thriller down. It has been a rough road for some reason with this one. AND THEN I got this brilliant idea that I would let some of you be the judge. So I am going to let you read a snippet and tell me if you would keep reading or put it down.


As far back as I can remember there was one thing that set me apart from everyone else I had ever met, the inability to feel fear. No, I don’t just mean I was hard to scare. I literally had no idea what the sensation of fear felt like.

 I had put countless hours of research into it, and the only thing I found to explain my lack of fear was ruled out because it was a genetic disorder with physical symptoms—none of which I had. I had tried everything I could think of, haunted houses, horror movies, snakes, roller-coasters and nothing gave me the nervous-heart-racing feeling I’ve heard comes with fear. Not even a jump.

That was until ten O’clock this morning.